MIB organises the 3rd International scientific and professional conference: Talent Education, in cooperation with the University of Primorska, the Faculty of Education.
Conference will take place on 26th – 28th October in Slovenia (Portorož), at Grand Hotel Bernardin in Portorož, Slovenia.
We are inviting you, that you join us as an active participant with contribution, the realisation of a workroom, a lecture or as an auditor.
The main topic of the conference is practically oriented: how can we transfer theoretical starting points in practice, how practice dictates development of science, practical strategies, working with gifted children and adolescents (from kindergarten to secondary school). Entire conference will be oriented to didactic and counseling strategies. The conference will offer a range of opportunities to further development of existing links and to establish new connections and networks that will lead to a greater understanding of Talent Education.
The conference offers presenters the opportunity to submit research results and/or experiences from practice in two different proposal formats: papers and workshops.
- Papers: 20 minutes each including discussion. Individual papers will be grouped into larger sessions by theme.
- Workshops: “learning by doing” sessions will be scheduled for 20 minutes following the common structure: introduction, main activity, and reflective discussion.
Main themes and topics:
- Preparation of programs for gifted and talented children/pupils/students; (planning and the realisation of curriculum, alternative programs etc. );
- Didactic and teaching strategies (internal didactic differentiation and individualization of class, personalization of class, metacognitive skills, contemporary didactic approaches etc. );
- Advisory and consulting strategies;
- Teaching strategie for double exceptional/unsuccessful at learning but gifted children/pupils/students;
- Cooperation with parents and local community to support development of talents;
- Education and training of pedagogical workers.
Distinguished specialists from foreign countries and Slovenia will share their experiences and knowledge with us.
During the submission you will include your article in one of the following categories:
- Basic/Elementary School
- Secondary School/Gymnasium/College
- Specific Programs for Gifted
For all formats an abstract submission is required by August 15th 2017.
Full paper submission is required by August 31st 2017.
Abstract lenght should be up to 250 words and paper length should be up to 1500 words.
First, abstract will be reviewed by the Conference Programme Committee, for its relevance to the conference theme and methodological rigor. Authors will receive their confirmation of abstract in three (3) working days after the application. Till August 31st 2017 authors should prepare full article.
Detailed guidelines on the submission process and abstract and paper format are available on Format and Submission Guide page.
We are looking forward to meeting you all in the beautiful city of Portorož and to provide a forum where we will be able to share and discuss common issues within an international community of researchers and practitioners from all over the world.
Mag. Maruška Željeznov Seničar, MIB d.o.o.
Chair of the Conference Programme Committee
Dr. Mojca Gabrijelčič Kukanja, PEF UP
Dr. Jurko Lepičnik Vodopivec, PEF UP
Conference Programme Committee